nourishing & unapologetic
HAPPY NEW YEAR! wooooooooooooo.
2016, holla! Let's revel in its blankness and its possibility. This the time many of us: jot down goals for the next 365; silently commit to eating less or exercising more or whatev other way we can be better to ourselves; or resolve to somehow rock the new year with a new hobby, skill, or job. Whether or not you make resolutions is absolutely a personal choice. If 2015 you was stellar, hey, keep it up! If you wanna make 2016 yours, take action!
Either way, here are some suggestions for totally killing it this year:
1. BELIEVE IN YOURSELF. (you can stop reading now if you want, this is enough for a great year.)
2. Find your tribe. You know, those guys and gals (fam and friends or strangers) who support you best. Do your part to cultivate those relationships. #squad
3. Our outdoors are great, if you haven't heard, so get some sunshine. (but, probably wear your sunscreen.)
4. Put your time and energy into things that build you up and bring you joy. No one has time for fun sponges, obligations for obligation's sake, and time suckers.
5. Serve somebody or something without expectation. I promise your soul will smile.
6. If something isn't working, make the change. Take the leap. You owe yourself and those you love the best you. Find and keep that perspective. (on a personal note, thanks for that lesson, 2015!)
There you have it. You can now take 2016 by storm.
Wait, were you expecting 16 quick tips? Well, obviously that would have made sense. But don't feel short changed. Honestly, 16 statements might have belabored this post. So, you get six. Let's be frank, these are reminders of what your brilliant self already knows. 2016 is yours for the taking and making. We are already on our way to being our best selves. It's Day 1 of 365... let's do this.
I'm eager to see what incredible, challenging, and rewarding things our New Year brings. Thanks for the privilege of sharing this space with each and every one of you. Peace 2015! Bring it 2016!
Until next time,
Oh, and just because I love #flipagam, here's the 2015 #mrandmrsborn highlights:
One more thing. #bonus
There is no "perfect." Life is as grand as it is messy. More than anything, it is personal. Let's give each other that. I'll be me. You do you. Live the life that is yours now.