We've reached it, folks. Friday is upon us. The first full working week of 2016 is in the books. Accordingly, we should expect a full moon, a meteor shower, champagne, fireworks...or something for this milestone. We should celebrate. Properly. You know?
Since we can't control the universe, it's too early for bubbly, and I'm pretty sure we've passed the window for shooting off fireworks in a legal fashion, this post is practically the next best thing.
If you're new to the blog, this series is where I spill it about all the things. Things I love. Things I like. And things I think you should like or love too. This is the fifth time this series has appeared on zeeeee blog. If you have about 7.2 more minutes to spare today, you can check out the other past faves here,
Without further ado, I give you my newest obsessions, in no particular order:
1. Hella Cravings, Adele's Hello Parody: my sister-in-law, A, shared this with me. I pretty much lost it with laughter. This song could be one of my life's theme songs. The two singers rock the creative rendition with conviction. Plus, it's a pretty accurate portrayal of the struggle between fitness and food. (and, really, who isn't still enjoying Adele's song?). It's win-win.
2. Nike Running Relay Leggings: gah. these are basically the best tights/running pants. They fit well. They don't bunch, or ride, or twist. They are a great winter workout pant. The waistband is even inspirational, "run fast. live fearless." Best news, they come in a print. Now, I probably could have modeled these for you since I actually own them...but there's no reason to bring my thunder thighs into this... so let's settle for the stock image.
3. Clif Kid ZBars: I once lived with two amazing people who've made food, nutrition, and hospitality their life. During a grad school internship I had the privilege to call their home my home. These two have significantly impacted my life in countless ways, but for the purposes of this post, you should know Doc B (the lady of the house) introduced me to Clif Kid ZBars. She kept the mini version in a basket near the fridge where all the possible snacks lived (and for the record, I'm pretty sure she still does.)
You've likely heard of Clif Bars...these are from the same family but they're better. You can find them in two sizes and in a variety pack (36 count!) at a local big box wholesale retailer (i.e Sam's) or online or potentially wherever Clif Bars are sold. In my opinion, ZBars seem less nutrition bar-y and don't have as many calories. Plus the flavors are easy to support, like iced oatmeal or chocolate brownie.
We keep ours in a cookie jar on the counter so we can grab one as we dash out the door most mornings. I also keep one in purse for hunger emergencies (the world doesn't want me hangry).
4. BevCooks.com: If you've never read Bev Weidner's blog at BevCooks.com you must stop what you're doing and read now. Why? Well, first, off, she's scary witty. Second, her Instagram captions are off-the-charts original. Third, she seems to completely have a handle on life and food and music. Finally, she went to the University of Arkansas. This means were kindred spirits, I just know it.
Don't expect a buttoned up, run of the mill blog; plan to be entertained and informed.
5. This Faceted Square Necklace from Express. It's become one of my go-to accessories. It's gold tone (winner in my book!). It's simple. It's not obnoxiously long or oddly mid-chest length. It is easy to toss on to dress up a more basic outfit or pretty enough to wear with something dressier. Oh, and it is actually reasonably priced. If you're looking to add a little something to your accessory stash this might just be the one.
Ok, I think that's a wrap.
Until next time--